Last Updated: June 14, 2012
Matchbook, Inc. ("Matchbook") wants you to feel safe in secure when using our app. To that end, we do everything we can to protect your privacy.
What Personal Information Does Matchbook Collect?
- Personal Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Service or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected may include your name, email address, phone number, birthday, Twitter and/or Facebook usernames, use information regarding your use of our Service, and browser information. We automatically receive your location when you use the Service. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Service, improving the content of the Service, customizing the advertising and content you see, and communicating with you about specials and new features. We may also draw upon this Personal Information in order to adapt the Services of our community to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our network and Services, and to develop new tools for the community.
- Information Collected Automatically: When you use the Service, Matchbook automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser or mobile platform, including your location, IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested. We treat this data as non-Personal Information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. Matchbook only uses this data in aggregate form. We may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our customers, collectively, use our site, so that our partners may also understand how often people use their services and our Service.
How is My Information Shared?
Personal Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. Matchbook may share your Personal Information only as described below.
- Friends: Your "friends" can see the location, time, tags, a note for each of your bookmarks. They can also see your first name and last name and photo. Individuals reading this information may use it or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge. We therefore urge you to think carefully about including any specific information you may deem private in content that you create in the Service.
- Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Our agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us, and they provide a comparable level of protection for your Personal Information.
- Information Shared with Everyone: If you don’t turn on the sharing features, Matchbook remains very private. You will notice sections of the site that say things like ‘100 people have bookmarked this place and tagged it with groups>trendy>hipster’. We use your bookmarks and tags to aggregate this information. This data is anonymized and other users can not tell that it is coming from you.
The Matchbook service also has the following features that may allow you to share your information with others. Please remember that if you choose to provide personal information using certain features of the Service, that information may be available to the wider Matchbook community, or may be published on the Matchbook website, which is subject to indexing by third party search engines.
- Connecting to your Twitter or Facebook accounts
- Posting to Twitter of Facebook
- Inviting others to join Matchbook
Sharing with Partners, in connection with business transfers, and for the protection of Matchbook and others:
- Our Partners: In addition to the data sharing described above, we enter into relationships with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses sell items or provide promotions to you through Matchbook's Service. In other situations, Matchbook provides services, or sells products jointly with these businesses. You can easily recognize when one of these businesses is associated with your transaction, and we will share your Personal Information that is related to such transactions with that business.
- Business Transfers: If Matchbook or substantially all of its assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that Matchbook goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party.
- Protection of Matchbook and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law, including laws outside your country of residence; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Matchbook, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations (including outside of your country of residence) for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Adding Your Home Address As A Venue: You should be aware that if you or your friends add your home as a new venue in the Service database and that information is published on the Service (for example, via a user bookmarking that home venue), that information may be available to others and may be published by third parties without our control. To request removal of a venue from the Matchbook database (including your home address) please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What About Cookies and Similar Technologies?
Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that this site is hosted on our computer servers in the United States. Therefore, your information may be processed and stored in the United States. As a result, United States federal and state governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United States. Your use of this site or the Service or your submission of any Personal Information to us will constitute your consent to the transfer of your Personal Information outside of your home country, including the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
What Personal Information Can I Access?
Matchbook allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information and ensuring that it is accurate and complete. You can access this information on the Matchbook app by visiting the Friends>Following>Profile tab. This list will change as our Service changes.
- Phone number
- Email address
- Other User profile information (for example photo)
What If I Have Questions Or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Service, please send a detailed message to: email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.